Autumn is the perfect time for cozying up with a warm, decadent sandwich. This “Get Roasted” sandwich recipe from Harvest by LabCanna combines sweet “drunken” onions with rich brie cheese, savory roast beef, and a CBD-infused lemon chive aioli. Make this recipe at home, or stop by Harvest by LabCanna for this and other CBD-infused fall treats! Check out their full menu here.
Yield: 4 sandwiches
½ cup Vegan Mayo
1 Tbsp Chives, minced
2 tsp Lemon Juice
1mL CBD oil (Recommended: TenneCBD Formula Black CBD isolate tincture)
2 tsp Olive Oil, plus additional for toasting bread
½ large Sweet Onion, sliced
1 Tbsp Brandy
8 slices GF Bread, sliced
8 slices Brie, sliced thin
¼ bunch Watercress, trimmed (leaves and tender stems only)
8 slices Roast Beef, sliced
Ground Black Pepper (to taste)
Small Sauté Pan
- Combine mayo, chives, ½ mL CBD oil, and lemon juice in small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a small sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the sliced onion and allow to cook without stirring for about 15 seconds. Stir the onion and cook until it reaches a deep caramel color, about 15 minutes. Deglaze the pan with brandy, scraping from the bottom of the pan. Remove the pan from heat and let cool.
- Heat griddle to 350 degrees.
- Pour additional olive oil in a small bowl and mix in ½ mL CBD oil. Lay the slices of the bread on a work surface and brush both slices with a thin layer of CBD-infused olive oil.
- Grill bread until it reaches a golden brown color on both sides.
- Spread mayo mixture on one side of the bread. Top with drunken onions and 3 slices of Brie.
- Add 2 slices of the roast beef and top with enough watercress leaves to completely cover the bread. Season the roast beef lightly with pepper and close each sandwich with a second slice of bread.
- Serve immediately, or refrigerate until ready to serve.