How To Make CBD-Infused Bird’s Nest
Do your little chicks need some extra motivation on brisk Autumn mornings? This Birds Nest recipe adds a seasonal, CBD-infused twist to a childhood favorite and is guaranteed to satisfy even the pickiest palates. Make this recipe at home, or stop by Harvest by LabCanna to sample their menu of seasonal hemp and CBD-infused treats! Check out their full menu here.
Prep time: Approx 1 hour, 30 minutes (including cook time)
Yield: about 8-10 / 5” patties
1 medium Spaghetti Squash
2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 mL CBD Oil (Recommended: TenneCBD Formula Black CBD isolate tincture)
2 large Eggs
1 cup Parmesan, dairy-free
½ cup Diced White Onion
½ tsp Cumin
½ tsp Sage
½ tsp Garlic Powder
½ tsp Red Pepper
½ tsp Black Pepper (plus extra for seasoning)
¼ tsp Salt (plus extra for seasoning)
Gluten-Free, All Purpose Flour (for dusting)
Extra Virgin Olive Oil, for frying the nests
8-10 Additional eggs for the center of the nests
Mixing bowl (x2)
1 1/2 – 2″ circular cookie cutter
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F.
- Cut squash in half, top to bottom, scrape out pulp and seeds with spoon.
- Pour olive oil in a small bowl and mix in CBD oil.
- Place squash on sheet tray, lightly coat with CBD-infused olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place sheet tray in oven and roast for 45 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven, let cool for 15-20 minutes.
- Using a fork, scrape out inside of squash to measure approximately one (1) cup, avoiding the fibrous skin. Place onto cheese cloth.
- Wring out as much moisture as possible from squash and place in large bowl.
- Add eggs, dairy-free Parmesan, Onion, Salt, Pepper, Cumin, Sage, Garlic Powder, and Red Pepper. Mix well.
- Sprinkle plate with gluten-free flour.
- Mold bird’s nest batter into 5” circles and flatten into patties. Evenly coat both sides with GF flour.
- Preheat your oil, in either a heavy pan on the stove or a deep-fryer, to 325 degrees F.
- While oil is heating, preheat griddle to 300 degrees F.
- Place nest in deep-fryer and pan fry for about 5 minutes on each side.
- Remove from oil and place on griddle for 1-2 minutes. Press with spatula to drain excess oil and liquid.
- Use 1 1/2 – 2″ circular cookie cutter to remove center of birds nest.
- Crack egg into the center of the birds nest and cook to desired temperature.
- Remove from griddle and serve. Add salt and pepper to taste.