How to make CBD infused pancakes
These vegan, gluten-free (and guilt-free!) Autumn Cakes will impress even the toughest to please holiday guests. Top with candied pecans, cranberries, and Grade A maple syrup for a festive twist. Make this recipe at home or bring the gang to Harvest by LabCanna to sample their seasonal menu of CBD and hemp-infused dishes! Check out their full menu here.
Prep time: 1 hour, 20 minutes (including cook time)
Yield: approx. 8-10 pancakes
1 cup Roasted Butternut Squash
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1mL CBD Oil (Recommended: TenneCBD Formula Green Plus full spectrum oil)
1 ½ cup Gluten-Free, All Purpose Flour
3 ½ tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Salt
1 Tbsp Sugar
1 ¼ cup Coconut Milk
1 Tbsp Hemp Protein Powder
1 Tbsp Ground Flax Seed
3 Tbsp Vegan Butter, melted
Pinch Salt + Pepper
Mixing bowl (x2)
- Preheat oven to 400° F .
- Cut butternut squash in half. Using a large spoon, scrape out the pulp and seeds. Discard.
- Add CBD to olive oil and brush on squash. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place on baking tray and bake for 45 minutes.
- Allow squash to cool for 15-20 minutes.
- Scrape out squash (be sure to avoid the tough, fibrous skin). Add to mixing bowl, breaking up any large clumps.
- Incorporate wet ingredients (coconut milk and melted butter), add ground flax seed and sugar. Stir to combine.
- Add protein powder, baking powder, gluten-free flour, and salt to squash mixture. Mix well.
- Heat frying pan/griddle to medium-high heat. Lightly spray with non-stick oil.
- Pour ½ cup of batter onto pan, lower to medium heat and let cook for 3-4 minutes, or until sides start to bubble.
- Use spatula to check the bottom of the pancake is golden brown, gently flip pancake and cook the other side for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from heat, top with candied pecans, cranberries, and maple syrup.